February is a time when people focus on love. Please take some time this month to talk to your child about God and his love for us. All the children will be spending time doing Valentine activities and talking about love. May all of you feel the presence and love of God this month!
“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” John 15:12&13
February 7th and 8th – Spring pictures
February 14th Class Valentine exchange (look for details from your child’s teacher)
February 18th—Presidents’ Day, St. Mark’s Ark is closed
March 5th – Shrove Tuesday breakfast 7a.m.
March 6th—Vision Screening for 3-5 year old students
May 10th-Spring Program, the older children will perform
Shrove Tuesday Pancake Breakfast
March 5th, 7am-9am there will be a free pancake breakfast in the gym. Please join us for the fun. We will still serve our regular breakfast In the San Marco Room if you have to drop off your child and go to work, but I encourage you to take the time that day. Our little ones are only young once. Having pancakes with Mom, Dad and friends is a memory that will last long after your child is not a child anymore. Reservation forms are available in the San Marco Room.
Registration forms for 2019-2020
Be on the lookout for re-registration forms to go home. Registration fees are as follows, $120 for the first child, $80 for the second child. Check cubbies for the form. All forms and money will be due back Feb. 27th.
Line one, 904-346-0404, is down. After requesting service from our current company and discussions with possible new companies, new lines will be installed. Please be patient with us as we work with the new company. You can leave a message on line one but we will not hear it ring. You may also call us on 398-3329. No messages can be left on that line.
• Please send a labeled (with your child’s name) jacket to school every morning. Your child will play outside every day except in extreme weather conditions.
• Walk your child’s belongings to his/her class each day. It is very hard to keep track of their things when they are left in the San Marco room.
• Children that are potty-training may be confused if you put them in pull ups some days and underwear others. Try to be consistent.
• Bring your child in before 8 o’clock if you would like him/her to eat breakfast at the Ark. Please do not bring in your own breakfast for your child to eat here. It is difficult to explain to a 3 year old why he is eating cereal while his friend has a donut (allergy exceptions are made).
• Drive 5mph in the parking lot. There are lots of little ones who break away from mom or dad’s hand.
• Do not let anyone in the San Marco door. Anyone without the number can call on the intercom. We have the system in place to make sure that authorized people are on campus.
• If your child will not be here, please document it in the message area of the sign in the day before, call the office, or email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 10:30 a.m. the day of the absence.
Show your child how much you love her. Write your child a note. Tell her you are proud of her, you love her, or you think she did something good. The note could be put in your child’s pocket or on her pillow. Children love mail. Mail one for no reason at all. Yes, you have to read it to your little one. That just gives you one more chance to show words are written and oral.
Thank you for your support and cooperation! Thank you for allowing us to care for your precious children!
May God’s Peace and Love touch you all this month!
While many post-print updates appear on the online calendar, St. Mark’s also has a social media presence.
Facebook Page (Public): www.facebook.com/stmarksjax
Facebook Group (Private/Request to join): https://www.facebook.com/groups/94748356090/
Download St. Mark’s Ark App and say yes to push notifications.
Also, visit the St. Mark’s Ark Preschool website: http://stmarksark.com